Friday, March 28, 2008

Thing 11 - Tagging and Del.icio.us

I've had a family blog for a while, but had never added tags to it. I think I will use this feature a lot in the future. It's useful to find all of the posts about one kid or about Cub Scout activities, etc. I figured out how to add the labels as a page element in Blogger. Cool!

I've also been meaning to try Del.icio.us for a while, so it's useful to have the motivation of the 23 Things. I signed up for an account. I see a use for this at Century as a collaboration between the library and various other offices. I often come across web sites that offer resources for educators, like MERLOT and BEN. Our college needs a place to put these bookmarks so everyone in the institution can get at them. I think we can figure out how to do this using Del.icio.us. (I just wish it had an easier to type name!) I also plan to use this to keep my bookmarks so I don't accidentally bookmark something in IE, and then be unable to find it in Firefox. It will also be better than trying to keep my home and work bookmarks in synch.

No comments: