Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thing 2

I've been learning and reading about Library 2.0 for some time, so these ideas are not new to me. My problem is that I can't figure out how to apply and make them relevant to our library. Although I've used many of the tools on the 23 Things list before, some I have not, and this will force me to try them. In the process of trying these new things, I hope to spur ideas about how we can use them in our library. I hope to determine which ones are useful and which ones are fun, but a waste of time.

One interesting concept in the reading was that the social aspects of the net require trust. Trust that employees will post well on blogs. Trust that students will stick to comments that can remain public. I've seen the comments on the newspaper sites degenerate quickly, so I can see the need for trust. Do we have that trust? In staff, definitely. In students? I will have to persuade my colleagues.

No comments: