Friday, February 15, 2008

Thing 4 - Flickr


I created a Flickr account and uploaded this photo of our new library building as it is being built. It's shows the south facing windows and the electronically controlled tinting.

I created a Flickr tour of the State Law Library when I worked there, but I have not used Flickr personally. If you want to take a look at the Law Library virtual tour, it's located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9201331@N04/sets/72157600431218715/. Click on "View as Slideshow" and then on the "i" in the middle of the screen for the full effect. I plan to do this for Century's new library once we move as well.

I probably will not use Flickr for posting photos. Flickr is owned by Yahoo, which is being pursued by Microsoft. Do you want Bill Gates' company hosting your photos for free? How long do you think a free service will last when owned by Microsoft? And how private will the information remain? I would much rather rely on my own computer and backup system. I firmly believe that I am much more reliable and trustworthy that Microsoft or any other online system.

No comments: