Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 42 - Music 2.0

I signed up for Pandora and Last.fm. I find neither intuitive. There are too many options, and when I want to go back or do something again, it seems really hard to figure out. I never know quite where I am or what I'm supposed to be doing, and I had a lot of trouble adding tracks. I kept adding tracks, but they never showed up.

That said, I find these personal radio stations interesting. I did like most of the music they pointed me to.

One thing about the social aspects of these sites and Lifestream and Friendfeed: Unless your friends are also on these sites, they are not very interesting to continue to use. The 23 Things is nice in that way, because I know other librarians who have joined so I can "share" with them.

I don't really see how these music sites relate to libraries, but I may use them personally in the future.

No comments: