Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing 47 - Evaluation

I tend to be doubtful of the use of things in my posts, but I do really appreciate the 23 Things and the More 23 Things programs, because they force me to actually use the things I read about in the professional literature and in discussions. It makes that someday into today. That's very helpful. Even if our library is not going to use something, I know exactly what it is that we're not going to use from personal experience. And if we do find a place to use these things, I have ideas on how to do it best.

Also, some Web 2.0 things like Facebook have their own time and place. A year ago, there weren't enough Century students using Facebook to make it worthwhile to have a library presence. Today, if our library weren't there, we'd look stupid and would miss out on a lot of good reputation.

Personally, I'll use the lunch finder, the music, possibly Lifestream, and many of the other tools.

I appreciate the time and effort it took to put together this round of 23 Things. Kudos!

No comments: