Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing 13. Online Productivity Tools

I created an iGoogle page. I can see that this could be useful, particularly the weather. I tend not to check the weather forecasts very often, and got caught in the snowstorm on Monday in only a raincoat. (Silly me, I thought spring was here!)

We're thinking about using Google calendars as a shared staff calendar at work, so we can keep track of vacations and training. I use a PDA currently, and I'm contemplating purchasing a combined PDA/phone now that they are getting less expensive. I like that the PDA synchs with Outlook, which is what we use at work. I need to check to see if Google calendars would synch with Outlook, because I don't want to enter things twice. I also use my PDA/Outlook to track tasks. I'm often looking at that list when I'm far away from the Internet, so I probably would not switch.

Zamzar looks to me like it will be as useful as TinyURL, which we use all the time in answering email reference questions.

No comments: