Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 26 - Join the 23 Things Ning

I joined the 23 Things Ning the first time around and haven't used it much since. This time, I joined two groups, MNSCU libraries and CALCO. I suppose I really don't belong in the CALCO group anymore, but it's fun to see what they are doing even though I no longer work in a Capitol Area Library. I added to the discussion, and I also left comments for another member.

I haven't found the 23 Things Ning all that useful, but it's more useful now than it was a year ago when I did the original 23 Things because it has almost a critical mass of people who belong. I don't understand what determines which things become popular and useful. For example, Minnesota WebJunction seems to me to be the place that all Minnesota librarians should be, but very few librarians that I know use it enough to make it worthwhile for me to check it frequently. The people running it promote it frequently, but it just hasn't taken off. Why?

No comments: