Friday, February 13, 2009

Thing 24 - Refresh Your Blog

It was fun to check out the new gadgets and create a new avatar for the blog. I have a couple of other blogs, including one for our library, and I may refresh them as well. I find that our family blog is a great way to keep grandparents updated on our kids, since I can post photos and even movies, and I only have to do it once for both sides of the family.

Our library blog is a useful way to post new things we've purchased, highlight new displays, and post photos of events in the library. I really wish we had a counter, though, so we would know how many visitors we have. I've looked at counter gadgets, but they all seem way too complicated. Of course, maybe they have gotten simpler since I last looked.

Along those lines, last year, we created a blog for the MN SLA Chapter, but we had to use the Typepad software hosted by SLA. That software is WAY less user friendly than Blogger. Then we wanted to feed the blog into the chapter web page. Last year about this time, we could not figure out how to do it. Last night, we tried again and found a number of sites that produced code to do it. We ended up with three possible options that we could use. The technology seems to just get more and more accessible.

I guess the moral of the story is that if you can't figure something out now, set it aside for a while and go back to it. It may have gotten easier.

No comments: