Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thing 31 - More Twitter

I added myself and our library to the Tweeter Directory. The directions were not very helpful.
For the "Available tags" thing, you have to know HTML, which I do, but then you have to know what you write is going to be taken as HTML code or as written, and it doesn't tell you which. I hope it all displays properly, but at least today, nothing has shown up yet. Hmmm.

I used Twitterfeed to automatically post our library's blog postings to Twitter. Now this, I find an utter efficiency. More people seem to use Twitter than understand how to subscribe to RSS. So by making our blog posts go to Twitter, we only have to maintain our blog. So cool!

I added BeTwittered to my iGoogle page. That page is really getting crowded. I'll see how it goes. I also added a Twitter widget to display my Twitter posts on my blog. That should be interesting.

On the stages of Twitter, I guess the Twitterfeed means that professionally, I'm at the Dumping stage, although really I'm personally at the Presence stage. We'll see what develops.

I think Twitter is the next Facebook. For some families, it may replace weekly telephone calls. For some ex-college roommates, it may replace reunions. We'll see.


No comments: