Wednesday, June 11, 2014

23 Mobile Things #13 - Presentations

For this Thing, I downloaded Deck Slideshow Presentations onto my iPad.  I liked that it didn't make me create an account to get started.  (My Password Safe is getting way too much use lately!)  It was really easy to create slides and apply a theme, although I was a bit disappointed that most themes required a fee.  Still, I tried Stickies and Paper Plate and they were both pretty cool.  Stickies reminded me of Prezi.  I can see that some themes might be worth a fee.  I like that it can export to Slideshare, Dropbox, email, and more. 

The drawback to using this at work is that we're a seriously Microsoft shop, which makes it really hard to use an iPad to connect to a projector.  I would definitely have to export these files.  If I export as a Deck file, I have to use an Apple device to get the cool effects, which means problems using a projector.  I could use it as a PDF or Powerpoint with a PC, but then I might as well use something else.  Still, if I exported it to Slideshare, there might be possibilities.  A conundrum worth contemplating.

No comments: