Friday, June 13, 2014

23 Mobile Things #18 - Education

Based on the description, I chose to download Duolingo to my iPad and signed in using Google+.  I used the Spanish module.  I tried to test out of the first 7 skills based on my ancient high school Spanish.  I got pretty far, but eventually failed. I tried the first lesson, and I liked the variation of multiple choice, translating, and choosing words between explanations.  This seems like a great way to buff up my Spanish. 

I also tried Fooducate.  First I tried to locate it in the App Store using the iPad, but could not find it.  When I went to their web site, it said the app was for iPhone, so I tried searching it in the App Store using my iPhone and found it.  This app really wants me to upgrade.  I'm using a Fitbit to track my food, but if I weren't, I might use this.  Oddly, my breakfast cereal gets a lower grade on their website than in the app.  What's that about?  I like the listing of points and the ability to scan barcodes.  I'll keep this in my weight loss arsenal for a while.

This was a fun and useful Thing.

No comments: