Thursday, June 12, 2014

23 Mobile Things #15 - Infographics

Being more of a word person, I'm not really into Infographics, but I know some of our students would be.  I installed Visualize on my iPad to try my hand at making a graphic.

I used background to select a corkboard, then selected a question mark icon.  When I tapped for further effects, the app threw me out.  I started over twice, but the same thing happened.  I was able to make the icon smaller or larger, but the orange of the original icon was a limiting factor.  The app helpfully offered to let me buy something better frequently.  The same problem happened with stationery, talking bubble, and anything else under Gallery.  I could draw, but as soon as I tapped futher effects, it threw me out.  Ditto for Text. 

I can see that it might be useful to make infographics for our library, but this is obviously not the way I'm going to do it.  I guess I got what I paid for!  I would be reluctant to try the paid version of this app since I can't really try the features.

No comments: