Sunday, June 15, 2014

23 Mobile Things #23 - Evaluation of 23 Mobile Things

I had an unexpected outcome from this program that surprised me.  I thought this program would transform the way I viewed my phone and iPad.  Not so much.  I don't find my phone in particular very intriguing the way other people seem to, based on the way they seem glued to them during every free moment.  I guess I thought people were using them with apps, but I'm now guessing that it's mostly texting.  I find the apps not as powerful or as easy to use as PC programs.  The only reason that I could really see using an app on my phone is if I'm so mobile that a PC is impractical or if the app has a reason to be mobile, like 5K Runner or EverNote at a conference.  The iPad I still find surprisingly useful, although none of these apps in particular make it more so.  I think Evernote is the best app I've ever found for the iPad.

That said, I found it really useful to try so many apps.  I really need a reason to take the time to try apps, and 23 Things provided that reason.  Even when I found the app not very useful, I'm glad that I tried it, because now I don't just THINK it might not be useful for me, now I KNOW.  I did find Instagram useful and will probably keep using it. 

I would participate in another 23 Things program like this in the future.  Thanks for organizing it.


No comments: